Follow-up data collection / suggested audit measures
Since transplant follow-up is devolved to regional centers, each unit ideally should nominate a clinician to coordinate data collection and liaise with their respective transplant coordinator.
Data relating to activity and survival (graft and patient) are collected by the SRR and ODT. Data relating to graft function are collected by the SRR.
Data regarding biopsy proven rejection episodes are collected by the Scottish biopsy registry run under the auspices of the SRR.
Additionally units should record:
- Acute rejection episodes â€“ timing post-transplant, severity (Banff grade), treatment given (including use of antibody)
- Immunosuppressive regimen at 3, 6 and 12 months
- Blood Pressure at 6 and 12 months
- Infections during first 12 months (CMV, BK virus, other)
- Malignancy during first 12 months (non-skin)
- New-onset diabetes after transplantation (NODAT)