- Uncomplicated patients are discharged day 10-14.
- Aberdeen, Dundee and Inverness patients are transferred when stable as an in-patient to their local Renal Unit, usually 5-7 days post-operatively.
- Patients may be discharged home or to an inpatient bed at the referring hospital. This should be agreed between discharging and receiving teams.
Transfer to Referring Renal Unit
- Contact the centre before and on day of discharge.
- A copy of the patient transfer details sheet (medical and nursing) with a computer printout of the biochemistry, haematology, Tacrolimus results and discharge letter should accompany patient on transfer and/or faxed to receiving unit. NO INFORMATION REGARDING THE DECEASED DONOR SHOULD BE INLCUDED IN THIS SUMMARY ACCOMPANYING THE PATIENT.