a) Blood Tests
- phone laboratory to alert staff that sample is arriving. All samples must be hand delivered to labs. 60-70 mls blood required and should be taken as soon as patient is admitted
- *Baseline calcium/phosphorus/LFT's (results available post-op)
- *Clotting screen/INR (if on Warfarin)
- *Blood Group and save
- Tissue Typing (white clotted bottle for lymphocytotoxic Antibody, plus 5ml EDTA sample.)
- Virology - CMV, HIV, Hep B + C (only if >1/12 since last test)
- BM test on ward
*Results must be requested as Urgent and be available before theatre.
Blood results must be obtained urgently as patient may require dialysis prior to operation depending on this result.
Repeat U&Es are required 30 minutes following dialysis.
b) Chest X-ray
d) MSSU - for gram stain and subsequent culture
e) PD fluid -for WCC and gram stain / culture if appropriate