Hospital & location
The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh
The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh was established in 1729. A more detailed history is available from the University’s Faculty of Medicine pages. In 2003 the clinical services moved to sparkling new facilities in the New Royal Infirmary in Little France, to the South East of the city centre. The New Royal opened in 2001.